The Puzzle Maker is an open source tool for drafting and exporting grid based puzzles. It features an intuitive graphical user interface and a solution checker for selected puzzle types.
- Create puzzles for several puzzle types, including Akari, Sudoku, Fillomino, LITS, Masyu, and etc.
- Export puzzles and solutions as PNG.
- Import and export puzzles data files, so that you can resume and edit puzzles at a later time.
- Check solutions to ensure that they are valid solutions for your puzzles. (Not yet available for all puzzle types.)
- Grid highlighting to show where are constraints satisfied/violated.
The binary and source code for Puzzle Maker can be found here. Puzzle Maker is written in Java, and requires a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to work. A copy of the JRE can be found here. To use Puzzle Maker, simply double click on PuzzleMaker.jar. Puzzle data are saved/loaded from the directory “puzzle data”, and puzzle images saved in the directory “puzzle image”.
- Add SVG support.
- Convert application to applet that can be used online.
- Create a generic template for adding putting arbitrary layers together for custom puzzle types.
- Added import/export data function.
- Implemented puzzle drafting for Akari, Fillomino, Masyu, and Nurikabe.
- Implemented solution checking for Fillomino, Sudoku, and Akari.
- Extended Sudoku drafting to allow irregular grids.
- Implemented symmetry checks for puzzle clues.
v0.1: (This version was not released.)
- Initial tool created.
- Implemented puzzle drafting for Yajilin, LITS, and Sudoku.
- Implemented export puzzle and solution as PNG.